30 August 2015

Asian Delicacies

I have tons of older photos I would like to share with you, but today I will seize the opportunity to express my (almost) life-long passion for Asian food!

Among different things I really enjoy eating, Asian cuisine has for long caught my utmost attention. Of course, you might first have experienced the unavoidable sushi restaurant, or the local Chinese buffet. Quite ordinary and not that appealing, I admit. But if you go deeper into the 13th arrondissement streets in Paris (for instance) you will come across lots and lots of attracting and kind of unsettling Asian restaurants of all sorts, from the big super classy one designed for Westerners tastes, to the small and (at first sight) slightly off-putting canteen, hidden between a phone company and a bigger restaurant. Usually, the first trick to dig up a good place to eat would be to pay attention to the smell that arises from them: strong-smelling ones=good ones, in my opinion. Well, maybe the second trick, as the number of people waiting in line to be served would certainly be just as efficient :-)

With such a wide range of taste experiences, I have still lots of meals to test and approve, but here is a sample of my (re)discoveries today...

Hope you'll enjoy the pictures, and maybe have a try someday :-)

Condiments
Condiments (long coriander, thai basil leaves...)

Pho dac biet
Pho Dac Biet ('special Pho', with beef and tripe)

Ba mau
Ba Mau drink with 3 colors (yellow, green and pink)

No comments :

Post a Comment