6 September 2015

Underground lines

Today I was absent-minded enough on my way back from the 13th arrondissement (quite a habit lately) to miss several times the metro connection I had to take :-(
Although I know the station quite well, I just forgot to get off and had to take the same metro in the opposite direction, but missed the station a second time and had to go forth again...
As a conclusion (and a way to chase my somehow infuriated emotions away) I decided to post something about the Parisian Métropolitain.

This giant and (mostly) underground caterpillar has been the number one reason that made me move closer to my job place. During rush hour, it is often a real pain to merely set a foot inside the car: people throw themselves out, anxious to reach their workplace on time, and sometimes they don't pay attention and crush some feet or hit some arms. It also occurs the other way around: people waiting for the metro grow impatient and don't let people get quietly off the train, which results in quite violent conversation or gestures.  Personally my worst experience was loosing one of my shoes (yes...) when a man pushed me outside of the metro, as there was not enough place remaining for two persons to get in.

However, apart from this going-to-work part, I think it is a very practical means of transportation and I am really glad it is provided! I don't know half of the stations yet, but I hope I will soon be able to visit all corners of Paris thanks to it :-)

Side by side
Side by side

Lights
Metro lights

No comments :

Post a Comment