20 August 2015

A New Challenge

Once upon a time, a compact-camera user who knew nothing about photography discovered the joys of using a slightly more sophisticated device...

For years I had been bringing my little Panasonic Lumix compact all around with me, enthousiastic enough with its capabilities and absolutely unaware of the DSLR world. However, some months ago, my idealistic vision of my handy, yet kind of poorly-equipped camera got seriously compromised :-(

The thing is, if you have a photography-fanatic friend who understands photography as a true art - rather than a digital generator of souvenirs - it somehow changes your way of considering your camera.
Besides, this very friend and I had started a sort of silly photo competition where we had to take a picture every weekend on a pre-defined subject. As he was equipped with a 'hybrid' camera (that mirrorless version of a DSLR camera) with lots of options and functionalities that mine had not, I was soon overwhelmed with jealousy and disappointment at my own un-funnyphoto-ness.

Without a moment's hesitation (well, it has actually taken some time) I decided to make the leap. And when I came to making the decision of which model I was to buy, I felt so helpless that I chose a very easy solution: buy the very same camera as the one my friend owned :-) Now, my sweet SONY α6000, a whole trial-and-error future is opening before us...

I still have lots of things to learn, but I hope you will enjoy my photos - don't hesitate to add a comment if you have any suggestions!

Pavement
...Paving the Way to Photography^^

No comments :

Post a Comment