23 August 2015

Under the Pont Mirabeau

Among the many things I recently discovered in photography, long-exposure shooting seems to me one of the funniest and most impressive ones. For the moment I don't know all the possibilities of this method yet, but I have been quite thrilled with the results of my first try :-)

This would have been impossible without the help of my friend's tripod which allowed the camera to be perfectly stable. Long-exposure without a tripod is... well... pretty awful. Even if you place the camera on something fixed rather than holding it by hand, let's say the parapet of a bridge for instance, it's still very difficult to get a good image since 1) the 'horizontality' can't be controlled as easily, 2) the wind will still make it move a bit, and 3) I can't bear the idea of letting the camera fall into the water/ground so I can't get my hands off the camera anyway...

I have been given a small tripod (a horrible green object, yet terribly convenient) which helped me a lot when using my small Panasonic, but the weight of my Sony camera sort of exhausted the poor thing (it instantly bent towards the ground) and I haven't really used it after that anymore. The 'let's keep borrowing someone else's tripod' will have to stop, I know; buying one of my own is among my 'next things to do' list, I guarantee :-)

So, here are some of my first experiments with this parameter. There's obviously room for improvement, but at this stage I'm quite happy with them!

Pont Mirabeau
Sous le pont Mirabeau coule la Seine

La Défense
La Défense Lights

No comments :

Post a Comment