26 August 2015

St-Germain Island

I've recently been wandering near Issy-Les-Moulineaux: more precisely, on the island which is located between this city and Boulogne-Billancourt in the South-West suburbs of Paris, and called St-Germain Island.

It is quite a charming place in summer, with its vast and green park where you can come across thousands of white or brown butterflies (nothing comparable with the countryside ones, unfortunately). I could not catch one this time though, quick as they were! The weather was really hot and it was somehow painful to stay too long under the sun, so I did not have the courage to chase after them :-(

I love taking photos of insects, I will try to gather some more for a future article :-)

Firebug
A firebug climbing up the stem

Wasp
A busy wasp in a white-and-yellow flower

Bee on pink flower
A bee invading a pink flower

No comments :

Post a Comment