14 September 2015

Color contrasts

Even though I don't especially enjoy high temperatures which are quite a feature of summer time, I must admit that when summer draws to a close I kind of feel sad. Autumn often brings rain or cold and - above all - I just can't get rid of my old 'back to school' apprehension at seeing all those exercise books and pencils displayed in the local supermarkets...

However, one thing that gives all its charm to this season is the extraordinary colors it brings to everything outside. Nature suddenly gets covered with a wide range of browns, reds, oranges, yellows that can't leave you unmoved. I would usually stop for a minute or two at the sight of it, and rejoice in planning a stroll in the woods for the next weekend :-)

I will try to plan a forest trip very soon so that I have odd-looking (and fascinating) life forms to share with you. Last time, I came back with pictures of cockchafers and beetles and spiders - let's keep going through the bestiary!

Fallen fruit
Fallen fruit after rain

Colored logs
Painted logs in the woods

Colors on the street
Some colors on a rain-washed street

No comments :

Post a Comment