12 September 2015

Rainy days

We had a heavily rainy week recently, and unfortunately that meant less photography for me: as I was anxious not to damage my camera, I had to wait for the rain to stop before having a chance to take a stroll outside with it.

However, though I don't especially appreciate stepping in puddles or walking bare-headed (and umbrella-free) under the rain, a rainy weather is not something I really dislike - as long as my camera is not affected. Maybe some would say that having lived in Brittany (as I did during my post-graduate years) is quite an efficient vaccine against rain-related grumpiness. But I don't remember Rennes to be that much more rainy than Paris, so let's say the rain has never been a problem to begin with :-)

Usually I would rather walk than use my bike after a rainy day, since I'm not that thrilled at the idea of falling on a slippery road in the Paris area, so perfect opportunity for some pictures...

It just so happened that when I got myself out of my apartment today, I came face to tentacle with an adventurous snail that was diligently moving from one side of a bench to the opposite one (what seemed interesting enough for such a tedious journey, I haven't got a clue).

I cheered it a little on its way ahead, because the poor thing had to cross a precipice - but it did perfectly well on its own! :-)

Snail on its way
Assessing the situation

Taking the plunge
Taking the plunge...

Goal achieved
...Goal achieved!

No comments :

Post a Comment