11 June 2022

Visiting Honfleur

Some sea at last! After having made a trip to southern France earlier this year, I was longing the sea and planned a short trip to Honfleur. No direct train there, so I decided to also visit the coastal towns of Deauville and Trouville, from where I took the bus to Honfleur. 

I cannot say I really enjoyed Deauville; it seemed to me like a place where you can but spend money on shops you could find elsewhere. Trouville was more charming - especially the lovely view from the staircase of the 'Chemin des buttes', however I found the city of Honfleur far more enjoyable to visit - its old harbour, slate-covered houses, the Sainte-Catherine church made almost entirely of wood and its separate bell tower, and the enchanting Côte de Grâce (a hill dominating the Seine estuary).

Trouville rooftops Trouville rooftops

Honfleur old harbour
Honfleur old harbour

Honfleur harbour
Honfleur harbour

No comments :

Post a Comment