26 July 2020

Trip to Vannes

My second trip to Brittany this year :-) 

I had not yet explored the southern part of Brittany, and Vannes area was truly amazing! A little more difficult to explore by foot as compared to Paimpol for instance, but the travel efforts were definitely worth it. The ancient ramparts especially were impressive: Vannes has preserved most of its fortifications, which started to be built in the third century. 

View on the ramparts
View on the ramparts

Balistraria in the ramparts
Balistraria in the ramparts

Machicolation
Machicolation

Tour du Connétable from the ramparts
Tour du Connétable from the ramparts

1 comment :

  1. It's a place I've wanted to visit for a long time now, yet never found the opportunity to do so. I love medieval cities and villages, with their timeless atmosphere.

    I admire you for visiting it alone. I don't like travelling alone, I guess I like having someone to talk to, eat with, and share memories with. But who knows, once I (at last) have my driving licence, I may start day-tripping ;)

    ReplyDelete