6 March 2016

Macro attempt

Hooray!!!

I've just had the opportunity to try out the Sony 90mm 2.8 macro lens that my friend had bought some days before. And - OMG - I'm so thrilled with it!

This lens is tremendously sharp; besides, it's a macro lens so you can lean muuuch closer to your subject. And you can even see details like leaf veins, threads of fabric, or even dust particles.

As it was my first try with this macro lens (which weights more than 600g...) I had some difficulties setting a clean focus where I wanted to, and since the light was that good either, if was not easy for me to hold the camera and shoot without moving too much. In addition to that, the wind didn't help, with all the blossoms and leaves fluttering around...

In short: an absolutely delightful lens, though I still have to work on it if I want to take full advantage of its capabilities!

I cross my fingers, and hope I can get my hands on this lens a few - I mean, a lot more times :-D

Symphony in green
Buds in green atmosphere

Daisy petal
Opening daisy petals

Pink and green flowers
Some pink and green flowers

No comments :

Post a Comment